In this 2-day hands-on workshop, participants will learn how to build applications with Axon and scale them out
when in needed.
During the first day, we will build a "structured monolith" consisting of components with well-defined
boundaries. In some of these components, we will apply CQRS and Event Sourcing. In others we take a more
traditional approach. During the second day, we will scale the application out, by deploying some components
separately. We will look at Event Design, ensuring compatibility across deployments and versions. We will also
cover monitoring and message tracing and lastly, build new components that base their state on the historical
events that our application has captured.
Over the course of two days, we will cover:
- Designing aggregates, including complex aggregate structure
- Building Sagas
- CQRS and Event Sourcing
- Event Handlers and (Eventual) Consistency
- Scaling out - distributed components
- Designing Events for distributed environments
- Monitoring and message tracing
- Replaying Events
- Basic level of experience in applying Domain-Driven Design.
- Good understanding of the Java language
- Developers are expected to bring their own laptop with the IDE of their choice.