This workshop is for technology, product, and change leaders in organisations who have (or are moving towards) empowered product teams, that obsess over customer problems, and deliver software to production frequently. You will learn how to collaboratively model business domains, and map out the architecture of a business with its products and user journeys. You'll learn how to shape team topologies and software architecture optimised for the business model.
The workshop is organised into the following topics. Each topic is composed of lectures, hands-on activities, and group discussions.
- Introduction to Socio-Technical Business Architecture
- Discovering and Decomposing Business Domains with DDD
- Exploring Product/Tech Portfolio Strategy and Business Models
- Mapping Out The Business Architecture (Products, Portfolios, User Journeys, Domains,
- Organising Teams for Fast Flow with Team Topologies
- Modelling Business Processes, Value Streams, and Flows
- Mapping Business Architecture to Software Architecture with Bounded Contexts
Who Should Attend?
Anyone involved in organising technology teams or designing software architecture should attend this workshop. If you are primarily involved in organisation design but have little software architecture expertise, or vice-versa, you should still attend this workshop. To become a Socio-Technical Business Architect, it is necessary to think across the disciplines of strategy, product, organisation design, and software architecture. This workshop will give you the necessary foundations in each discipline and a path forward.
People with the following job titles or similar attend this workshop:
- CTO, VP of Engineering, Director of Engineering, Head of Engineering, Engineering Manager
- Enterprise Architect, Business Architect, Software Architect, Solution Architect
- Principal Software Engineer, Lead Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer
- Head of Product, Product Manager, Product Owner, Business Analyst
- Programme Manager, Project Manager, Delivery Manager
If your job title is not on this list, contact us. We'll discuss in further detail if this is a suitable workshop for you.
You'll need free accounts on Miro and Zoom breakout rooms.